Accounting Clerk, Brooklyn/NY
Lomography is a globally active organization dedicated to experimental and creative analogue photography. Originally established in 1992 by a group of offbeat students as an arts movement, but fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity, the Lomographic Society soon grew into an international company.
We develop, market and distribute our products via worldwide photo stores, design stores, museums and lifestyle stores, as well as via our Lomography websites available in 17 languages which besides the online shop also host photo magazines and platforms for an international community of over one million “Lomographers”. Lomography regularly hosts events and exhibitions. The Lomography headquarters is in Vienna and has subsidiaries in London, Paris, NY, Tokyo, HK, Shanghai and Manila.
For our subsidiary in Brooklyn, New York we are looking for an Accounting Clerk with an affinity to administrative IT systems and a motivation to grow into data analysis tasks. In this role, you work closely with the director and general manager of Lomography’s USA subsidiary and also with the Lomography Headquarter F&A team in Austria to support the subsidiary’s operations with various topics related to Finance and Administration.
- Managing Company’s Accounts Receivables (incl. Dunning, collection and payment recording)
- Responsible for company’s accounting and bookkeeping in quickbooks
- Monitor Company’s Financials
- File company’s sales taxes and overlook the tax situation
- Check and compare the information in company’s different administrative systems
- Regular cost analysis, optimize expenses, manage account payables
- Analyze and manage stock in company’s ERP system
- Assisting Account Managers in order processing and invoicing
- EDI processing, preparing system entries and documents for key accounts
- Coordinate between company and 3rd party warehouse on inbound and outbound matters
- Handling product returns and issue credit notes
- Analyze and optimize company’s administrative, logistical and financial processes
- Support in other administrational tasks
- Education in accounting, economics or equivalent
- Experience in an administrative department (bookkeeping, A/R management, logistics or office management)
- Experience with ERP Systems and/or basic databases
- Profound computer skills (especially spreadsheets, excel)
- Strong analytical skills and ability to think in a networked and cross-departmental manner
- Motivated to work in a international company
- Profound understanding of accounting
- Focused on details even in stressful times, good time management and organizational skills
- Interest in Lomography and analog photography is of advantage
- Positive attitude and willingness to learn
- Able to work both independently and in a team, be resourceful
- Like to take challenge, finding ways to improve processes
- Self motivated and proactive attitude
Company’s Benefits and Perks:
- Health Insurance: Medical, Vision, Dental Coverage
- Paid Vacation, Sick & Personal Days
- Paid NY Family Leave, NY Disability Benefit Leave
- Contact with a global community of millions of photography enthusiasts, artists and creatives
- A secure job in an exciting industry that is constantly evolving
- A salary in the range from USD40,000 to USD60,000 based on qualification and experience
- Varied areas of responsibility
- Be part of a young, dynamic and international team who are passionate about their field of work and highly involved in the film photography community
- Excellent professional and personal development opportunities in the company
- Lomography Welcome Package
Lomography counts on motivated employees who want to develop further by working with experienced teams and offers excellent long-term development opportunities. If you are looking for an interesting position in a global company and value a creative work environment in a positive, employee-oriented working atmosphere, you are probably in the right place with us and we look forward to receiving your application! To join the Lomography Team apply here or send your application to: firstname.lastname@example.org
New York, USA
The Big Apple, the Melting Pot, the City that Never Sleeps, the Greatest City in the World — there’s a reason New York City has so many well known nicknames. No matter what part of the city you hit, you’ll always be surprised by something new because of the vast diversity here. Our USA office is based near the waterfront “down under the Manhattan Bridge” aka Dumbo, Brooklyn where you can find trendy cafés, a plethora of restaurants, premier art galleries, flea markets, live music, and much, much more. You’ll never run out of things to do (or photograph) in New York City.
What we do at Lomography
We’re committed to keeping analogue alive and helping our international Community capture the curious world we live in. We offer an ever-expanding range of experimental analogue goodies including innovative films, cameras, instant products, lenses & photographic accessories on our Online Shop and through a global network of retail partners. In addition to selling analogue gear, we publish daily tipsters, tutorials and interviews in our online Lomography Magazine and host a Community Site where Community members can upload their images and interact with over 1 million fellow Lomographers worldwide.
What we stand for
The Lomographic Society International is a globally-active organization dedicated to analogue, experimental and creative photography. Our team comes together from all over the world and we are all different. It’s really important to us that everybody feels welcome at Lomography. We think diversity is a strength and inclusion should be meaningful in order to provide equal opportunities for everyone.
What working at Lomography is like
We offer jobs in various departments with quick promotion opportunities and a wide range of benefits, not least access to all the fun Lomography gear you could ever dream of! English is our working language amongst a friendly team comprising over 15 different nationalities – everyone has a place at Lomography! Each of us brings something new to the team and we all share a common passion for photography. Every career path is unique and offers the opportunity to gain new perspectives and knowledge.
Where can you find us?
With our HQ in Vienna and subsidiaries located in London, Paris, New York, Tokyo, Hong Kong, Shanghai and Manila – you can choose the destination of your dreams. We're happy to help you when relocating to any of the places that you’re drawn to and wherever you end up, our international team works together so you will be able to engage with colleagues and Community members from all around the world.
How do you apply
Don’t be shy! Browse through our job postings and feel free to tell us all about your passions, strengths and experiences. Feel free to share your photos with us if you are an analogue enthusiast or any other creative project that you think we might find interesting. Let us know why you want to contribute to Lomography’s legacy and we will get back to you as soon as possible. We’ll aim to get back to you within one week with our feedback!
Which team fits you
We have several different in-house departments including marketing, design, programming, copywriting, product development, finance and administration. We strongly believe in training talents in all areas and you will definitely learn something new at Lomography. Rest assured: we will find a department that fits your ambitions!
What the hell is Lomography?
Established in Vienna in 1992 as an artistic movement – fuelled by fiery passion and burning curiosity – today, Lomography designs, manufactures and distributes analogue cameras and accessories to photographers around the world. We are a creative and globally present company with our headquarters located in Vienna, along with various subsidiaries all over the world.
More Open Positions at Lomography (see all)
- Ruby on Rails Developer (m/f/x) Vienna - full-time
- Marketing Internship Rest of the World (HQ Vienna) Vienna - Traineeship
- Product Designer Hong Kong - full-time
- Graphic Design Intern (m/f/x) Vienna - Traineeship
- Magazine Writer / Copywriter (English) Manila - full-time
Still haven’t found what you’re looking for?
Don’t worry, Lomography is always on the lookout for motivated people to join our team. Send your resume to email@example.com and let us know what role you’d be interested in.